Friday, February 8, 2013

An Australian Friend bought a Rolex Ref. 116619LB yesterday

This is one of my favourite Watches, you can not find this in the pre-owned market! Why, first of all this is not a preferred model for the Supertitious Chinese Hong Kongers, second, this is an expensive Watch that no normal worker like I can afford to buy!
Only limited Rich people or Watch Lovers would like to consider. 
This is not a common article you can find in the pre-owned Watch Market in HK. So far I have not seen one and my friend Andy saw once only.
Peter, friend of mine came to HK to buy this beautiful Rolex Dream Watch.... He paid in Cash, I belived the sales man had to count 15 minutes for that huge amount, it is about 4 times the price of Ref 116610LN!
and I hope Peter could find this watch a piece of gem and I believe the sharks underseas will salute to you and dare not bite you, because they dare not under-estimate you! The Rich Power!
HK Snob

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul

After read this blog, I feel curious about this 116619LB. How much actually this watch? As for paying in cash, actually I prefer that way too for transaction overseas, because credit card bank issuer usually impose on higher exchange rate than money changer, it's make a lot of saving if I make big amount transaction.

Happy Chinese New Year.
Gong Xi Fat Choi.

Albert, Indonesia

HK Snob said...

Hi Albert
This watch carries a List price of HKD$263,600
Yes, you are right as they impose a higher dicsount especially for Australian back transactions. So Peter used Cash to buy.
He get a super discount.
The final deal is HKD$231,968
which is cheaper than what he got HKD$240,000 even after less 15.5% in Australia.
He is happy!
Thanks Kung Hei Fat Choi.
HK Snob

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul

It's been a while since my last comment.

HKD$231,968?? What a pricy watch! Is it solid gold? But he got a lot of discount, I think it's more than 10%.

Your newer post said that you being watch by Rolex company for helping people get their Rolex, is it really that serious?

I think what you did was a win win situation. You make everybody happy.

I hope Rolex can understand and think like I do.

Best regards,
Albert, Indonesia

HK Snob said...

HI Albert, The owner is a smart business man and he kept talking to teh shop for less 12% discount,
he paied cash.

Yes, this is the solid White Gold with blue dial and bezel, it is a beautiful watch, so beatiful that
it looks like a "TOY". anyway I believe only limited number people will use it for Swimming!

And The guy told me I am too much high profile and Rolex is likely sending a undercover to buy Rolex from me... But I think ROlex should be smart not too disturb someone who is doign free promotion for them... I think.
anyway I try not to get discount for other anymore. unless they are very serious to find somewhat Watch they can not find in their country!
HK Snob

PS Thanks again Albert for your comment!

Anonymous said...

I just bought one at 27% off list. It is really like a toy watch but I love it.