Friday, December 16, 2011

Watch Talks about Rolex



My First, 2nd and third Rolex
I am not trying to saying something about Rolex as I know at least I know there is one colleague hates Rolex and even the people who wears Rolex, but so what?

Our Vice Chairman Wear Rolex Date Just, at least 10 Sales Engineers/managers wear Explorer II, one Marketing Director wears Explorer I, and One technical Manager wears Rolex GMT master II. Plus numerous ladies wearing Rolex 3,6,9 and Date just for Lady…

And Of course, a Sales man like me wear Day Date to work almost one the other day.

My Rolex stories started in 1981 as I had just able to get the first job to earn my own MONEY… I bought my very first Rolex Date Lady just at HKD$4,004 and after 6 months I sold it to my 2nd Engineer on board at RMB 2,000. After a while when I worked in HK, I bought the first Rolex Date Just Boy stainless steel with Jubilee bracelet at HKD$5,025 in Jordan Road, Opposite the Liberty Cinema快樂戲院 (I think the cinema would be torn down some 7 years ago.

1983, after a while I met the Shanghai Watch master Kiu Te Yu and Conrad Lau at HK World Wide Watch Company. I bought my first 14K Bubble Back Rolex Perpetual Oyster from him at HKD$5,000.

Later, I bought another Rolex Date Just Two Tone Yellow Gold Boy with Jubilee bracelet from Colleague, who received it as gift from Chinese friend and I still remember that has a very good number somewhat like 27882888…. and that was 1992 whereby I sold that Watch to The GM of Gemstar at HKD$28,000 because of the Lucky Number!
After that I stopped buying Rolex for a while and then I switched my collection to Swatch…

Until recent years, I had a fever and my forehead reaches a temperature of 38.38 deg C as I started collection Rolex again…. Over the years I think I have owned about 120 Rolex and some of them I let go for a while and gradually I learn from master (older Man) that My beloved model switched from Date just, to Sport Watch…
in between....Say Date Just, Air King, Explorer I, GMT master, Submariner, Sea Dweller, Daytona, Thunderbird, Day Date…

Until now, my focus is just simple; Day Date and Daytona. And Focus more on Day Date as it is very dependable….
Base on what I have been wasting money on this watch and I learn something.. and this is just my experience on Rolex… and my personal opinion only…

Rolex and Casio
I just had an argument with one of the men I know… why I like so much on Rolex, and When I showed him they watch, he said, he would not like to buy, and He would prefer o buy car, as he is a car maniac.

He is using BMW X5 and switched to 730 4 years ago, his dream buy is Porsche, he told me a digital watch is good enough for him why have to buy a Rolex.

So I had met so many people saying this o similar like this to me… and all the result is to use money to buy a Casio watch with US$40. No trouble and no stoppages at all, the Rolex will stop after using for 40 hours for Day date and 72 hours of Daytona, is this the best Rolex can make. I told him this is something like a Bottle of Petrvs 1989 and a Bottle of Cheap wine at 7-11, they are almost the same in the Chemical formula almost the same in the ingredients, they are almost the same colour (of course to me , their colour can tell a of big difference. They are Grape juice!?)

But the Petrvs is about HKD$28,000.00 and the cheapo wine at 7-11 is just HKD$130. What is the difference?

So we do not bother to keep on arguing as if one saying this to the about a Casio and a Rolex, I had to stay away form the topics and or keep quiet, there is no way to end this argument, eventually. I win the argument and lose a Friend!

Remarks, I do not have prejudice and bad comment on Casio, they are good, vibrant, accurate low cost watches for kids and youth, but not for a man like I….only

Use your Rolex Every Day
I know a lot of friend who wear a Cheap Seiko almost every day and they are serious Rolex Collector. Well, I do not understand this kind of people, I think they are either going extreme mentally, either they are afraid to be recognized as they are too rich by wearing Rolex!? Or they are fed up the performance of Rolex, No, I think they are already passed over the joy of wearing Rolex, instead they are waiting for the dream Watch….

As for myself, I use it… I use it everyday. I even I use a Rolex Day Date for hiking., and If I do not use it what the heck I keep the watch. By good to yourself, you have only 18,000 days on Earth after you have your first Rolex!

Mental Disordered people
Many Collectors keep buying watch, they keep the original invoice, original Box and packing, and put the watch Like 116610LV Submariner into the shelf, keep for years… and Never Open it , don’t mention of using it…

I do not understand this kind of behavior, as Rolex Watch is designed to be used extensively, abuse them, put them in water, fire, some times we drop it on the floor accidentally without worrying the damages, use it as we have only 20,000 days to enjoy this kind of time piece in life, you keep it in the shelf and wear a cheapo G-shock … are we insane!?

The Rich man
One of our director Younger brother who once had worked with the HK Rich Tycoon Kwok Ping SXXXX and Mr. Kwok had bought a Grade A fake Rolex when he visited Beijing, I was a bit not understand why he like to use that kind of watch. Yes, he told people that “So what If I wear a Fake watch on my hand, who dare to talk to me this is Fake? “ …a bit hilariously. But if I were there, I will talk to him, “ I am fully amazed on what you want to show as you face is, Mr. Kwok, everyone one knows you are the top ten richest men in HK, but I am feeling shame about what you wear on hand… It may jeopardize your image wearing A Fake Rolex, not just because of the money value. a Fake Rolex is really make some damages to the Swiss watch-making industry and we are looking for some HK Celebrity to promote image of HK, even the top ten man is wearing a Fake Rolex, will that be a irony to the Poor people, as they are wear A Real Rolex.

Never mind who know who is wearing real or Fake Watch, one the one who uses it should know. Watch Reflects live style, images, taste and now I know how bad the taste of the Rich people in HK is!

Charms of Rolex
Rolex watch, which can not be sold out in some period, can be bought after ten years of waiting on the long queer of purchasing order. It needs 6 months time of waiting to buy Submariner 16610LV even in HK. And for Oysterquartz, you have to wait till 2013.

Rolex versus Casio; Toyota versus Aston Martin
There are many people in the world, they believe it is really a big waste to spend so much money to buy a good watch; my Casio goes more accurately than your Rolex. It just takes me several dollars, and not need any preventive maintenance.

From some point of view, they are right. But when they walk on the road and found someone is driving an Aston Martin, they might not say it is super foolish to buy such car, it is better to buy a second hand or third hand Corolla, it is still a car that bring you from one place to the other.
I can say only people owns the car and watch can tell the difference.

In USA, most of the owner of Porsche has debt on his house, but they are living happily.

All it says is, we have only 20,000 day on Earth, if you find out that keeping your money make you happy., go ahead’s, but sometime is think we should treat us better, in a way to feel better. Well, some people like cars, some people like Hi If and some people like wine, women, Smoking, investment, whatever that make you happy, go ahead., I had a friend talks to me, Hey are you crazy, buy a Gold Finger VC 2 with USD$6,000, just to play your wrappy worn out Vinyl… I can’t tell the difference!
I said, you are good lucky man, so long you enjoy you iIphone MP3, go ahead you lucky man that you good a bad ears… stay like that… if you feel happy!! That is more than enough!

Limited Production Strategy
Panerai started it business in 1980 an Italian Old man working alone in a small shop at Florence on the restoration of Old un-used Movement to make a new watch, the watch was big and was not catching any notice by the watchers, until Richmond bought the company o 12 years ago make a series of heavy promotion, people like Silvester Stallone, Demi Moore, Bruce Willis, Sharon Stone, Carol Alt, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Gabriel Batistuta, Alessandro Costacurta and Alberto Tomba Leonard put on his wrist and was captured world wide on Movie and TV,,, It did created a hit, it was sold publicly in the past ten years; almost all of its style is called limited edition. Either 100 , 300, 1000 pieces,

I really do not appreciate the way they market watch, the Marketing is good for revenue and sales, but the watch is lacking of mechanical design integrity and style. It may not be tomorrow’s classic when Hit on Large over sized watch is over!

Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet
Never underestimate the amazing charms and surprising feeling that Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Vercharon Constantin has ever taken to people. Unless you have chance to put one on your own wrist, even a temporary experience can make you enjoy a lot.
However, base on the calculation of TCO, total cost of ownership, Rolex is at best if you use it daily. Recently I like Roger Debuis, and FM as they are beautiful watch… buy the TCO is too high for me to afford. I am Mouthwatering about the Rich Chinese men bought the PT Double Tourbillon with Repeater function… at HKD$4,600,000!

Don’t under estimate the Rolex Fans
I have been start blogging on Watch just by co-incident triggered by friend, and I thought I know about watch the more I write,, the more I learn and the more I know I have nothing about any knowledge about Rolex. I need to meet guru like The Rolex-Chat.com

Time Zone watches bloggers to learn from them. Don’t under estimate the people who you may meet on the road, some of them are really humble and pretends knowing nothing about Rolex, In fact he might be the Rolex guru!
Don’t trust the sales ladies and Sales man in Rolex AD, not all of them, but a large portion of them just don’t know much about Rolex, unless those who has been working for more then ten years.

Guido Mondani Editore
Don't Under estimate yourself, you may already know a lot of Rolex stuff, I encourage to go buying book likes “ Guido Mondani Editore” for Rolex Collection…They have numerous information and beautifully printed pictures about all Rolex Watches… a Magnificent book supply for Rolex, it is not cheap of course.
http://www.collectingwatches.com/en/

Ask Discount every time
When you are intending buying a Rolex watch, does not be afraid of asking discount from Rolex Authorized Dealer and distributor. You have nothing to lose. I had a friend who made a successful deal with Dickson watch to get a 116610LN at HKD$66,100 less 5% even he could use his AMEX card to pay in June 2011. That was a good deal!

Rolex Window Shoppers
Don't be shy to look at the Watches in the Rolex AD windows. Don't look down upon those people who stick their eyes and noses on the glass at the outside of the Rolex shopping window. The value of his collection might be much more worthy than yours. I used to stop and look at lit for hours and my girl keeps on pull my hand to leave for that, and when the does shopping I went into the shop again and start talking to the sales, Most of the People in HK Rolex AD are old, Like Chow Tai Fook, Oriental Watch and King Fook, you can talk to them as much as you like, but when they have customers you should be alert and give the customer priority!


Chinese Superstitions on Blue and White Rolex
I like Submariner Blue Dial on White Gold, which I beleive that is best Buy Rolex.

Why, the rich tycoon, the gangster Head, the Chief Police Senior Official, the Chinese CEO would never buy this most beautiful watch in its colour combintaion, as Blue means "hard to acheive" and White means " no thing left behind" in Cantonese way for Translation for Rolex.
So it is Cheapest to buy, the most beautiful combination that we can buy and like a future Classic for Rolex. Go to your nearby Rolex AD and order one.

Beware of the Aliens
The Rolex Gold Watch with the President bracelet has a lot of Glitters that attract most of the people to look at it and the first thing Alien lands on Earth I believe they will catch all the people wearing Rolex Date Day as they are the most important rich people on Earth

As an average I believe… The last one Alien will be interested in arresting is the one who wear Cheap Plastic Electronics Watch… so simply let them go, So when Dec 2012 comes, pls change your Watch to a Cheap black Casio or watch or watches you buy at Sham Shui Po Ap Liu Street. Sometimes HKD$100 get five… It Protects you from being Kidnapped, or mannapped by Aliens!

Or you should wear a Super Gold Diamond Rolex Day Date in order that you get a free rdie to another more developed Planet called "Retsyo Xelor".

Rolex for woman
I had my first K Gold Rolex Date Just for my first wife, and a men Size K Gold Rolex Date just for my 2nd, and a K gold men OysterQuartz Day Date for my Miss who…they love wearing it… I love to see them wearing it and I love to prepare one each for my daughters of course Rolex K Gold Date just Oyster boy for my Elder Daughter and My younger daughter. She likes Rolex and the other Likes Omega because of Nicole Kidman… I think she will change later because her father is a 100% Rolex Watcher!

HK Snob

No comments: