Friday, November 21, 2014

If you Want to Buy Rolex with Less 25%, Go Japan!




Japan is a new Rolex Purchase Preferred Country for its good price!
Rolex used to have a fixed price over all countries as that would maintain a balance of sales over all countries.
On the other hand, Abenomics is working on Yen depreciation, as of Today’s Yen-HKD exchange Rate 1 Yen= 0.06579!
Friend of mine went to buy his favourite GMT master II Black Blue 116710BLNR
Price in HK is $67,300 how about in Japan!? We, he bought it at Yen 768,000 that is HKD$50,526.72!

Ref 11710BLNR list Price Yen 870,000 with Tax or Yen 800,000 without 8% tax.
That is about less 24% of the list price in Hong Kong!? No One can provide that kind of Discount for you… and likely this is the Cheapest GMT II in the world!?
How about 116701 LN?  It is Yen 710,000 that is HK$46,711!
Suggested place is Takashimaya Nagoya and Hokkaido, According to Lau a HKWF’s friend, due to high demand in Tokyo it is hard to find.
But in other cities, it is available for most of the People like to go for except but still the Daytona Black 116520 and Deepsea D-Blue 116660.
So if you go to Japan, don't forget to go and take a look!
Takashiyama, Daimaru department store or …

Remarks
Takashimaya does 6.9% tax refund instead of 8% (with 1.1% processing fee), they do give 5% off for discount, to total you enjoy 11.9%!
HK Snob
HK Watch Fever
Japan Snob 



19 comments:

Lau N.U. said...

Dai Gor, good sharing!! :)

HK Snob said...

Lau dai low
my pleasure :)

Anonymous said...

:) see Buying Rolex in Japan is much cheaper but not JW shop
in Shibuya thay have a shop call
housekihiroba have a look then.

monster hobby said...

Hi HK Snob, it is another very useful article. May I have it translate and post to the site rolexguide.com.hk?

I will mention it is quoted from watch-fever :)

thanks so much.

/kelvin

HK Snob said...

Kelvin
Go ahead...

Do you have a whatsapp, we shoudl talk on our topics...

Sometimes for a Coffee!!

HK Snob

catalas said...

Hi HK Snob,

I just posted your article which has very good feedback, you can check the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/rolexguidehk

can you send me an email to catalas@gmail.com and i can share my number?

thanks,
/kelvin

HK Snob said...

hi Kelvin, i mail you tomorrow.
i lost power supply module of my note book computer :(

HK Snob

HK Snob said...

Kelvin
Your last HK Rolex guide post is Very good!
HK Snob

Unknown said...

Hi HK Snob, may I know what's the price for a GMT2C TT Halfgold in hkd? Which are d reliable AD I can go. Sgd has dropped a lot against hkd. Sad.

HK Snob said...

Hi James,
gmt tt black dial nett HKD$81,120
HK Snob

Brian said...

Hi HK Snob,

Love your site. Lots of helpful info!

Can you tell me where your friend bought the 116710BLNR for JPY 768,000 ? Most sites in Japan have list price as JPY 860,000 (before taxes). I would like to go to same store for same deal. Thanks!

HK Snob said...

Hi Brian,
Takashiyama at Hokkaido.
Hk Snob

Central Obj said...

Hi HK Snob,

If the consumption tax limits are between ¥5,000 - ¥500,000. How does one not have to pay this on purchases above at departure?

Anonymous said...

Hi Central Obj,
is there a tax limites? I am really not able to rely you until I go there aftr CNY.

HK Snob

Anonymous said...

Hi Central Obj,
is there a tax limites? I am really not able to rely you until I go there aftr CNY.

HK Snob

Central Obj said...

Apologies I was mistaken, the upper limit only applies to consumables, not General goods.

I'm in Japan now, sports models at ADs seem very difficult to find in stock.

I tried all the ADs in Fukuoka and Osaka and none would give any discount on the sports models as they were selling same day.

Finally I picked up a non date sub for ¥650,000.

I only flew here based on your suggestion and that sub even without discount is 30% cheaper than my home country! I also have price list booklet of all models if need any prices.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Central Obj

Rasone why as there are thousand of people go to Japan for shopping, many of the hot items may have been sold out, need to go small toiwn city to find,
anyway. thats fun for shopping.

Enjoy the time in Japan

HK Snob

Angie2318 said...

Hi Central Obj

May I know the price of Daydate with leather strap the 18ct everosegold with black leather model 118135 please?

Angie2318

Angie2318 said...

Hi Central Obj

How many jpy on day date model 118135 the everosegold with black leather strap please?

Angie2318