Sunday, July 11, 2021

Watchgret


We used to have gathering and many of watch collectors came to show his timepiece at a fixed time on every Saturday… there had been a few cases that reminded me sometimes decision should be made within ten seconds, thinking too much will lose our opportunity.

1.     8 years ago, one guy showed his AP 5402 A series in the meeting and asking who would like to buy it? I was the first one say I buy not even asking the price… So I got it next day paid. That watch is still keep under custody in Philippines by my good friend. 

2.       Another occasion that one guy showed his Vacheron Constantin 222 in solid gold with request of  certain amount,  I was the first one said “I buy it!” I got this and this was my good judgement. 

3.      There is one folk asked who want to buy this Submariner 16618 with Onyx dial with HK$180,000, I hesitated a while and I passed, well, someone bought it immediately.

After 4 years, the same guy came in and ask who want to buy this Submariner 16618 with onyx dial? This time I say “I take It’ and I was able to possess such a great timepiece from Rolex.. and later we sold with 2X the price we bought after one and half years. 

Watchgret

I had a chance to buy a Rolex Submariner 16618 solid gold with Lapis lazuli dial with HK$130,000 in 2012. But I had another offer of Daytona 16528, instead what pity I was I took the Daytona… but that Sub Lapis was sent for auction 6 months later for HK$730,000. This is a big regret for me.

 HK Snob



No comments: