Friday, October 8, 2010

Rolex Ref.68278 Boy Size Yellow Gold Date Just for Today's Sophisticated Lady









In the end of 70's there was a trend for man to wear lady's watch, as the fashion was “Smaller is Better” I still I remember I spent HKD4,505 buying a lady’s Rolex SS date Just for myself in 1981. And Later my 2nd Engineer loved it I sold it to him for his Shanghai wife. I topped it up to HKD$5025 in order buy a SS Boy size Date Just later. As Gold Rolex was just a dream for a poor snob like me… that is about 1/5 of the price of a 800 square feet Town house at that time in Yuen Long. A man would not wear something “big” like today. Man worn Middle sized watch, which Rolex called “Boy Size” Woman would use Lady watch… Man used Boy size, there was not so many Jumbo Watch with 38mm, or 39mm being displayed in the Watch Shop in Hong Kong. Since 1993, the Trend is extra Large…I still see man wearing a “Rolex Boy Size Watch” but that looks he is out! And he must be older than 45 years old. As this is the same watch he bought when he was 25 years old… I would not dare to wear as if Paul or Frankie sees me, he would laugh hysteristically to death! This is a Boy Sized Date Just for Today’s woman, as if she is sophisticated, educated middle class, this is the perfect match for her wrist especially for Chinese lady of 1.6M height. Don’t force yourself to wear a Daytona or DeepSea. That is a tool watch for man. Somewhat lacks of a bit elegance and Rich feeling… HK Snob

No comments: