Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Story of Rolex Submariner Onyx



The Story of Submariner Onyx
In my entire two decades of watch collection I have seen two Submariner Onyx and one Submariner Lapis Blue under same the Ref 16618. They are all in solid 18KT Gold.
The Submariner Lapis was on my wrist some 7 years ago one old friend sold me with HK$130,000 in a small restaurant in Tsim Sha Tsui.
I did not take that instead I bought a Daytona in Yellow Gold 15628 with HK$130,000!- Big mistakes!
That was my first RolexRegret as the watch was taken for auction and sold in that year at HK$730,000.
In 2014, the same guy sold me another Submariner Onyx 16618 at HK$180,000 but I hesitated in five minuets the watch was sold to an owner of a Pawn Shop in cash…. So I had not more chance to see that again until 2017 the same guy sold me another Submariner Onyx this time I did not think for a second and I not even asked how much I say I buy it…
Next day to went to borrow money from one of my mistresses for that watch….and I started to feel great and happy about it…and You have read probably about the haunted story that Watch owner died when My watch was having problem and stopped in the same week!? Weird right!?
 
Well I sold it to a rich man at HK380,000 and after less then month he sold me back again as he had financial issue and he had to run to Japan he lost 10% of the money and I got the Submariner Onyx again.
Well, Later I sold it to my friend at HK$240,000 and he had been a very Happy time with the watch and he showed to many dealer and even Rolex Service centre asking for proofing it and no one seemed had seen such a watch there. Of course the watch was authenticated later after that they have checked the serial number of that watch was originated with a rare Onyx Dial from HQs of Rolex.
A few buyers had asked about the watch and no one give a step forward and most are tire kickers though some are real collectors who know about it, one mentioned that Onyx dial must come with gold lines instead of white… Another one claimed that the bezel insert colour yellow is too fake!
Another one say there is no such Onyx dial on submariner. They must just want to get it at cheaper which is pretty common in Hong Kong…
At last friend of mine had been contacted by an American who is the Toyota Agent at Utah… very knowledgeable and he has the Submariner Lapis Blue… so within 30 minutes of communication, the deal was set and next day my friend received over HK$3X0,000 and the watch was then sent on courier to USA...
 
Moral of this articles is, there are many Rolex varieties that even Rolex Service centre people haven’t seen it. There are many things we need to earn from the gurus and experts and try to explore more we can as a Watch Hunter…
In HK colloquial saying: “Never be wrong to buy expensive…. but always a mistake bought it cheap..!”
Worth a Thought!
HK Snob


1 comment:

Watchshopvietnam.com said...

Nếu bạn đang tìm kiếm đồng hồ Olympia Star? Watchshopvietnam có bộ sưu tập đồng hồ Star tuyệt vời với giá cả rất hợp lý.