Sunday, June 21, 2020

Some miserable trade practice

In Hong Kong there are a few ways to sell your watch, fb, IG, and Carousell is the most common platform for Rolex.  Over the years, we have encountered certain unpleasant watch trades incidents, sometime it was really frustrated and or disappointed. 
Usually we can found these common incidents as real life of watch trade in Hong Kong, don’t know this also could happen in your countries?
They will ask you going RSC for authentication even you are selling your brand new watch just purchased yesterday. RSC does watch authentication and at same time check if the watch was stolen or not.
They ask you to bring cash and input to the ETC machine on his account such as to verify if your money is not counterfeits.
They used to ask a lot of questions such as where did you get the watch from, do you have purchase involve, why the warranty papers was lost!
They used to ask a crazy discount, as I had a Rolex listed HK$200,000, the buyer asked me if I can sell him at $100,000!
We are forced to mark up on the actual price of the watch because they will ask discount and after a while ask discount again.
Someone asks you if you have a shop, if not they don’t buy!
Don’t think they come out to check your watch will likely buy if, some of them just want to kill time. Usual phase to say not buying “Sorry I changed my mind”, “ Oh I just bought it yesterday”,” My wife stops me buying again.” “No, out of my budget”, “ I’d better watch for next year to consider new Rolex design”.  The worst is, they ask you a lot of pictures via whatsapp, and after you have sent them the picture… they may just keep quiet, not even bother to send you a word “thank you!”
Of course I am picking up the worst cases here, there are a lot of good people who are really want to buy from you with sincerity.
Remarks
Customer is King, why does King ask for discount?

HK Snob


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are really good blog posts.
What is the best way for Europeans to buy or sell on the Honk Kong watch market?

Best,
Mauritz

HK Snob said...

Hi There is a dealer WhatsApp group in HK. they trade watches 24 hours. If you are interests, give me your WhatsApp number and I talk to the host to add you.
Not a promise as I am not the moderator of the chat group.
Certain watches , I think I can help you to sell.
HK Snob