Friday, October 23, 2015

The Most Preferrfed Watch I have seen in the past 30 years

I have 6 Passports in the past 30 years.


 

In the 70s , Africa most popular imported watch is Seiko 5, all sailors are smuggling this watch from HK into Africa. The profit is 300%.  No one will buy Rolex as that was not their  cup of tea!

In Shanghai, they used to have no Watch in the 60s , gradually,  Shanghai, JiLin became their favorite watch, though  a Chinese Made watch was RMB 200, that was about five month salary in that time.

And in 80’s they started to go for Longines, Omega, Tissot, Rado and till 90s more people go for Rolex and Vacharon Constantin…

In Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, most of the rich Chinese people worn Rolex in Yellow Gold.

In Japan, they like Rolex, the Yakuza worn gold Rolex, same as those HK and Taiwan mafia…

As for myself, I used only Rolex for his implacable solid oyster case and its accuracy…

I have been working on Merchant Vessel, all the captains, First officer, Chief Engineer, Chief Steward, sailor, Oiler, Carpenter are all using Rolex, they seem know only Date Just, either smooth bezel, or Fluted Bezel. I have seen a few two tone Date Just, but not even one Day Date, may be it was really very expensive at that time…I have asked them why Rolex, they simply said, Why not Rolex!? They said Rolex is the best.

I have been to North Korea and they are proud of using Chinese made Watch….as it sees that is the watches they have back in 80’s.

You can more or less tell about the person by his watch…

I have been traveled over 20 counties and 60 different cities, in the past 30 years. The most preferred Watch seem to be Rolex, still…
HK Snob
HK Watch Fever

No comments: