Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Visit to Kuen Kee Watch Shop, Sham Shui Po

This is the way leading to Kuen Kee Watch Shop.



This is old building of no difference of the 60'.



Pak Hoi Restaurant staff is busily preparing dinner for the hungry Sham Shui Po
Residents who could pay only $20 for a meal.

A tank built by Land Rover with a Number 
plate of "AA79" which possibly bear the 
same price or more than the car
 itself, I asked staff of  Kuen Kee...
it is not theirs, may be it is belonging
 to one of the HK Rolex fans!



Small Side Sign Board "Kuen Kee Watches".

Another building with an external Staircases 
set up at end of Ap Liu Street.
Who could possible afford to have this
an luxury to have such a staircase anymore 
in other part of HK!?

 Carl's Saturday 30th May purchase on his targeted Air King with Final deal 
at HK$20,800. Note The Four RED Chinese Words "Guarantee Genuine Goods"
on the price Tag.

My Rolex OysterQuartz Ref 19018 with Birch
 Dial I worn, which gained a little Respect 
 by Kuen Kee Old Shop Keeper with a "Nod"!


It was a very hot day yesterday with 32 Deg C. when I visited Kuen Kee which I used to go when I have time, tough it is a bit far from the Sham Shui Po MTR station.,
Well, Sham Shui Po as I mentioned, a very interesting small district , the people are not that wealthy as average comparing with other district like Wan Chai and or Central, but those people are real and kind in nature…
I could see that some of the building resembled some of the old heritage building in Penang or Melacca, it was fun to make a visit there. Don’t just focus on treasure hunting at the Rolex Shops.
I went to Kuen Kee and I talked to the people for Submariner Hulk (ref 116610LV) which I spotted they have three on their website at HKD$84,500, to my despair, they said they have nothing, meaning that their web site is not updated periodically.
I was able to help a Swedish who bought is 2003 Air King for his wife and he could get a discount of 7.5%. from List price $22,500 down to $20,800.

So meaning that it is always true to get a discount there off the price tag from 5-10%! The old shop owner spotted my Ref 19018, he grinned and looked at me and nodded once! Is that in indication of “Salute to Rolex RolexQuartz in Birch Dial or me??  

On the way going Kuen Kee , passed Pak Hoi Street, there we can see that the small “Pak ho Restaurant(北河燒臘飯店) that the boss Chan Chuek Ming(陳灼明)was helping those poor people who could spend ONLY $20 to buy three meals which is practically impossible in HK. May be he is not earning or even I should say subsidizing it himself at all.

I am thinking if idea is supported by people who would like donate one of his Rolex collection to help the poor people or not!?
If you are buying the idea doing that, we can set up a Club to help those people. I am eager to take out one Gold Rolex to help….

PS Cut out from Pak Hoi restaurants' fb
既老闆明哥(陳灼明)為咗令深水埗好多靠綜緩既街坊可以負擔得起,多年來都堅持唔­加價,二十蚊可以食三餸飯,或者買到一大碟好餸(包括咖哩蟹),又同慈善機構合作攪飯­票,而且堅持每一個月都派一次飯俾露宿者。


HK Watch Fever
HK Kong Tsaan
HK Snob

14 comments:

@win said...

hi big bro,
how much is kuen kee selling for their Rolex Daytona 116520? They indicated that they have in stock available.

Thank You!

HK Snob said...

Hi @win,
Well, during my visit last Sunday .I saw as many as 13 Daytona
it ir priced betweeen 89000 to 93,500 for Black and $72000 to 81000 for white...
Go and find out

They can offer you less 5-8% roughly if you are serious..
HK Snob

@win said...

Are those new watches? or 2nd hand?
Thank You bro

HK Snob said...

Hi @win
mostly used, there are new item also.
follow this link find out more

http://www.kkwatch.com/product.asp?id=RX2211D&page_no=1&sc=6&keyword=116520

HK Snob

@win said...

Thank You Big Bro! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi HKSnob,
Please make a new post about your AP 5402. This is the watch we want to see :)

HK Snob said...

Hi Thanks
let me make a research again and make a Post..
There are too many different 5402 on sales now in the world some even said they are in the year 1970 which I believe is "inappropriate"!
Thanks again for being a fan of AP RO Jumbo 1972

HK Snob

Unknown said...

hi hksnob, with regards to Ref.116610LV, would 64,000HKD be a good price for a brand new one?

HK Snob said...

Hi Ken,
Good price!
New watch is HK$66,100.
where did you get it?
HK snob

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I want to buy a Rolex Daytona model 116523 ibka
Rolex Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona Watches. 40mm stainless steel case, 18K yellow gold tachymeter engraved bezel, screw-down push buttons, ivory dial, black subdials, Arabic numerals, and stainless steel and 18K yellow gold Oysterlock bracelet.
How much does this cost in Hong Kong...? Thanks.

HK Snob said...

Hi how are
16523 nett cost using the card at AD is Hk$112300.
HK Snob

Unknown said...

hi hksnob,
i saw the Ref.116610LV in one of those reseller shop in Tokyo. The shop name is Jackroad. The price in JPY YEN is actually around 838,000(without tax). Base on current rates comes to about 64,000HKD. I have not bought it yet though : )

Unknown said...

Hi hk snob. I found a pre owned submariner 14060 at kuen lee. Being my 1st rolex I am a little nervous about buying used (and a little worried buying fake). Would you recommend kuen lee?

HK Snob said...

Hi
Insofar 20 years I know this shop, never have any bad comment on his products.
But just little more expansive only.
HK Snob