Thursday, February 13, 2014

What does Leonardo DiCaprio wear in "The Wolf of Wall Street"? A Tag Heuer!


Movie Poster taken my SS Note III at Yau Ma Tei MTR Station


Take a closer look, the crown is not fully locked!


What does Leonardo DiCaprio wear in movie “The Wolf of Wall Street”?
The Wolf of Wall Street is an American black comedy film released on Christmas Day, 2013, directed by Martin Scorsese, based on Jordan Belfort's memoir of the same name. Leonardo DiCaprio as Belfort, a New York stockbroker who runs a firm that engages in securities fraud and corruption on Wall Street in the 1990s. It is historically significant as the first major film to be distributed entirely digitally.
The movie was yet to be shown in Hong Kong when I took picture at Yau Ma Tei MTR station last week, Leonardo worn a Rolex Like Watch? No, As confirm by friend mailed me, his watch is a Tag Heuer Quartz as shown below:


Tag Heuer with Black Bezel, Benz Hour pointer, Quartz Movement





This is another watch with braclet looks like Day Date!? But the clasp does not have any Click-to-open switch at side! Is it a Rolex?




Tag Heuer


Is this a Patek?


In the Movie he wears a few watches, one is likely a White Gold Patek philippe, correct me If I am wrong.

 
HK Watch Fever
HK Snob

12 comments:

Watch collector said...

Hi HK snob,

I am interested in buying a pre-owned Omega Speedmaster in HK. What would be the best place to buy one?

Thanks

Anonymous said...

doesn't seem to be a rolex,

http://www.junior-broker.com/files/userfiles/images/wolfwatch.jpg

HK Snob said...

Watch Collector
Kun Kee, Kwai Yin, I saw they have last week

HK Snob

HK Snob said...

Hi
Yes, I am further checking through other colectors.
if that is really Rolex!
Thanks for comment!!! :P
HK Snob

HK Snob said...

Hi
Excellent
That is a Tag Huer!!

What a watch

Thanks!!!

I have to make a Correction, can I use the watch.

HK Snob

Anonymous said...

Hi
Di Caprio is watch ambassador for tag hueur brand.

So naturally, use those watches endorsed.

HK Snob said...

Hi There
True, he used to be the embrassador for Tag Heuer, Why should he wear a Rolex!? Recent years, all great movie is tied up with Commercial ad... wine, watches, cars and couture...
But being a Wall Street tycoon, that Tag Heuer Quartz may not be iconic enough to tell about the owner's financial and social status! I have not yet watched the movie, I will when I go back HK for sure.
Thanks again!
HK Snob

Robert said...

I don't believe there were any pateks present in this movie. Leo was probably wearing a weiko day/date in the scenes before he became wealthy. At least that is what it looked like to me. I did a write up about the watches in this movie here www.finewind.net

Unknown said...

that is definitely not a patek there are other views showing that it looks like a cheap 35 dollar quartz watch

HK Snob said...

Austin W
You have got Eagle's eyes LOL!
yes, most of the movie uses fake cheapo ...
HK Snob

Anonymous said...

you are wrong it is a seiko solar expansion band watch

HK Snob said...

!really ...let me check