Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My First Omega



This is my first Omega Classic De Ville.

I bought this watch at one of the small watch shop in Kowloon City with HKD$1,080 in 1976. After ten years, I sold it to one of my best friend KM, KM now is the chief Engineering Officer in one of the Electronics Toy company in HK. He has been using this watch for many years.Omega had once produced the best watch in the 60's and 70's. You know that Omega was once more expensive than Rolex in the same level of watch type. But After 80's Rolex overtaken Omega in price and also quality.

The Hong Kong people had this slogan Man's Three Treasure: Rolex, Dupont and Montaught... These are the most common man's standard Accessory for those aged 25-50 in the 80's. But now, I think only Rolex remains its prestigious status so far. Kowloon City Snob

No comments: